We seek enthusiastic people who will reach out to vulnerable populations in Boston, inviting them into a program that seeks to awaken their human potential and offer them their God-given human dignity. At the same time, volunteers will invite people of higher socio-economic backgrounds to participate in this same program by living a faith that walks in solidarity with people in need.
To these ends, the needs of AFTDJ include, but are not limited to, volunteers who:
- want to learn community organizing principles and would like to engage in community organizing
- will be phone callers
- can identify and arrange speaking opportunities for Fr. Gyves
- can provide administrative assistance
- are able and available to plan workshops and meetings
- will help during workshops and meetings
- can manage AFTDJ’s social media presence (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- want to learn/explore market research for our ESOL initiative (profit/non-profit organizations, demographics of students, availability in Boston, etc.)
- will write blogs for the AFTDJ website
- will accept responsibility and a sense of ownership for the work of AFTDJ
- speak English and other languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, etc.
As a volunteer program, A Faith That Does Justice relies on the generous donation of time and talents of people like you. We have many needs. Please tell us a little about you, your talents and how you can help us help others.