A Faith That Does Justice
Changes and Updates
The name and logo for AFTDJ, as well as all trademarks, trade names, taglines and logos appearing on or through the Site (collectively, “AFTDJ Identifiers”), are owned by us or licensed by us. You must not use or display any AFTDJ Identifiers in any manner without our prior written permission. We reserve all rights.
- Your submission is completely voluntary and is made without any condition of compensation, credit, attribution, secrecy or confidentiality. No contractual, fiduciary or confidential relationship of any kind (whether express or implied) is created between you and AFTDJ by reason of your submission. Your submission is not returnable and may be retained indefinitely by AFTDJ and our affiliates, successors and assigns.
- You represent and warrant that your submitted material does not contain another’s confidential or proprietary information and does not violate another’s intellectual property or other proprietary right, or any applicable law.
- We and our affiliates, successors and assigns will be free, without any obligation or restriction, to use your submitted material, in whole or in part, for any and all purposes related to our and/or their businesses (including, without limitation, research, business development, marketing, advertising, promotion, publicity, and customer relations), throughout the world and in perpetuity.
Reservation of Rights
Any unlawful, abusive, or unauthorized use of the Site or the Site Content is strictly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, you must not:
- make, display, perform, publish or distribute copies or derivative works of the Site or any Site Content, unless expressly permitted in writing by AFTDJ or by applicable law;
- remove, conceal, alter, or otherwise tamper with any copyright, author/source attribution, trademark, or other legal notices that appear on the Site or are included or embedded in any Site Content;
- interfere in any way with the operation of the Site or any server, network or system associated with the Site, including, without limitation: hacking, mail-bombing, flooding, overloading, or making “denial of service” attacks; probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of the Site or any server, network or system associated with the Site; breaching or circumventing firewall, encryption, security or authentication routines; or accessing data or information not intended for you;
- use any automated program, tool or process (including, without limitation, web crawlers, robots, bots, spiders, and automated scripts) to access the Site or any server, network or system associated with the Site, or to extract, collect, harvest or gather content from the Site; or
- frame or otherwise create a browser or border environment around any page or content of the Site.
Links to Third-Party Websites
For our users’ convenience, the Site may contain links to third-party websites. Such linked third-party sites are neither owned, controlled or operated by, nor affiliated with, AFTDJ. Accordingly, we assume no responsibility for such linked third-party sites or for their content, products, services, views, opinions, policies or activities, and the inclusion of any link or reference to such third-party sites does not constitute or imply AFTDJ’s endorsement, sponsorship or approval of such third-party sites or their content, products, services, views, opinions, policies or activities.
Linking to The Site
You may link to the Site, provided that: (i) your website does not contain material that is pornographic, obscene, vulgar, profane, defamatory, libelous, hateful, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, or unlawful; or that constitutes, promotes, solicits or aids crimes or illegal activities; or that constitutes, contains, promotes, or links to fake offers, scams, phishing schemes, or other fraudulent schemes (such as pyramid schemes and ponzi schemes); or that contains, promotes, or links to viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, ransomware, or other malicious, harmful or disruptive code or material; or that infringes, misappropriates or violates another’s intellectual property or other proprietary right; or that otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation; (ii) you do not misrepresent or falsely suggest that your website or any of your content, products, services, views, opinions, policies or activities, is endorsed, sponsored or approved by, or is otherwise affiliated with, AFTDJ; and (iii) you do not publish false, misleading or inaccurate information about, or otherwise disparage, AFTDJ or the Site.
We accept donations on the Site. By making a donation to us on the Site, you agree to the following:
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least 18 years of age; (ii) all information you provide to us (including credit card or bank account information) is your own information and is truthful and accurate; and (3) your donation to us is legal in your jurisdiction.
- You are solely responsible for any and all tax implications associated with your donation, and for maintaining copies of documentation for your own tax and other financial records.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER THE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Without limiting the foregoing disclaimer, you understand that AFTDJ makes no warranty and expressly disclaims all warranties: (a) with respect to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the Site, including the Site Content; (b) that the Site will meet your requirements, (c) that operation of the Site will be uninterrupted or virus- or error-free or (d) that any errors in the Site can or will be corrected. No advice or information obtained through your use of the Site, whether oral or written, will create any warranty not expressly made herein. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Site is at your sole risk and that the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with you.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. BUT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
Limitation of Liability
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY IN THEIR ENTIRETY TO YOU. YOU AGREE, HOWEVER, THAT OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
Defense and Indemnification
Governing Law; Jurisdiction
Waiver of Right to Pursue Class Action Claims
You agree to only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and waive any right to pursue any claims on a class or consolidated basis or in a representative capacity. You and AFTDJ agree that each may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action or proceeding.
Limitation on Time to Bring an action
Note to international users
The Site is hosted in the United States and subject to U.S. law. If you are accessing the Site from outside the United States, please be advised that U.S. law may not offer the same protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
General Legal Terms
You and AFTDJ agree to be bound by the following general terms:
- If you have registered your email address with us, you agree that we may send you notice via email to the email address you have provided, and we are not responsible for your failure to receive notice if email is quarantined by your email security system (e.g., “junk” or “spam” folder) or if you fail to update your email address.
- Headings and captions are for convenience only.
Effective Date: September 26, 2018
How to contact us
300 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115
Phone: (857) 990-3670