Father Peter was invited to preside over Mass at Saint Cecilia Parish in Boston where he spoke of the prophetic voice. He pointed to examples of prophets who rose against manipulation and exploitation of the poor, and encouraged people to return to God as their world faced crisis and idolatry. He encouraged viewers to listen for the modern-day prophets who speak truth to power and stand up for social justice, pointing to Congressman Lewis as an example of a modern-day prophet. We live in a time of hate, where people are being divided for the self-gain of powerful individuals while people of color face violence and inequality in the streets. He asks us to listen for the prophetic voice in seeking a just world.
- The Jewish Prophets, Jesus and the Prophetic Voice Today Part 7
- Volunteer Spotlight: The ESOL Team is Growing
- Catholic Social Thought and Policy Applications
- Be an Agent of Change: Achieve Health Justice
- Look within your own heart to celebrate, encourage and bless our sisters and brothers who choose love within same-sex unions