June 5th, 2018 - Workplace Solidarity: Social Justice and Women in the Workplace
A Faith That Does Justice invites you to its fourth Community Meeting. The featured topic, Social Justice, Solidarity and Women in the Workplace, will consider important social justice issues affecting women in the workplace, such as:
- What questions we should ask ourselves about social justice in the workplace, from the #MeToo movement, to sharing power, to equal pay?
- What changes people can make in their own lives for better workplace solidarity?
- What voices are missing from our conversations about work, gender and equity?
Moderator: Tiziana Dearing, professor at the Boston College School of Social Work.Panelists:
- Helen Drinan, president of Simmons College and member of several organizations dedicated to empowering women.
- Carol Fulp, president and CEO of The Partnership, Inc., a premier New England organization dedicated to attracting, developing, retaining and convening multicultural professionals.
- Roxana Rivera, vice president of union 32BJ SEIU, District Director of its Local 615 and organizer of low-wage workers.
DATE AND TIME
June 5th, 2018
6:15pm - 8:15pm
Cathedral Church of St. Paul
138 Tremont Street
Boston MA 02111
(across from Park Street T station)